| 0 comments ]

I have been thinking to connect my 30 inch HDTV to my computer since it is DVI ready. That would be cool. Hubby also thinking about it, he said all he need is HDMI cables and all good to go. Hmmm I just can’t wait!

Do you want to know what is DVI? (grab this from firefold.com)

DVI stands for Digital Visual Interface. It is a video interface standard designed to maximize the visual quality of digital display devices such as a flat panel LCD computer displays and digital projectors. It is designed primarily for carrying uncompressed digital video data to a display. It is partially compatible with HDMI (High-Definition Multimedia Interface) in digital mode (DVI-D).

I ask hubby about this, Is DVI Compatible with HDMI? I found the answer again at firefold.com ...

Yes, HDMI is fully backward-compatible with DVI using the CEA-861 profile for DTVs. HDMI DTVs will display video received from existing DVI-equipped products, and DVI-equipped TVs will display video from HDMI sources.

If you have any question just visit the site, I'm sure you will find the right answer.

0 comments

Post a Comment